We all know how much technology has evolved over the last decade, and hearing aid technology certainly hasn’t been left behind. Hearing aids are more capable than ever before to provide clear, natural sound without the bulk or hassle of the hearing aids of yesteryear. One of the most astonishing advancements in hearing technology is the Phonak Lyric hearing device.
What is Lyric?
Lyric is the first and only hearing device of its kind, providing hassle-free hearing! It is inserted into the ear canal by a trained Lyric Audiologist, so it is 100% invisible to the world. It can be used all day, every day, around the clock for months at a time.
Lyric wearers purchase a subscription to one year of Lyric hearing. This subscription includes replacement Lyric devices and services throughout the duration of the subscription period. A Lyric device requires no maintenance or battery changes, so the wearer doesn’t need to remove it until they visit their audiologist for a replacement. It is the “set it and forget it” of the hearing aid world.
What are the benefits of Lyric?
- Very discreet. In fact, due to being placed in the ear canal, it is completely invisible to the world!
- Can be worn 24/7 up to 2-3 months at a time, even while showering, exercising, and sleeping
- No batteries to charge
- No maintenance needed
- Uses the ear’s anatomy to provide natural sound and localization cues
- Exceptional, clear sound quality in both loud and quiet environments
- Can be worn with headphones, headsets, and ear plugs, as long as they do not touch the device
- Requires no daily insertion or removal. Effortless hearing!
- Can be worn while flying, and will not set off a metal detector
Who is a good candidate for Lyric?
Lyric is designed for individuals with mild to moderately-severe hearing loss. It is a great option for people who don’t want the hassle of traditional hearing aids. With Lyric, there are no batteries to replace or charge. It requires no maintenance, other than a short visit to the audiologist every few months. It is ideal for those who live an active lifestyle, as it can be worn during exercise, with headphones, and even with a helmet. Most of all, Lyric is designed for individuals who want a truly invisible hearing device.
To find out if Lyric is right for you, schedule an appointment with an audiologist at Whisper Hearing Centers. We are eager to help you on your journey to healthy hearing!